Personal Branding is a tool not everyone thinks about using – and that puts them one step behind those that do!
A Personal brand:
- let’s you stand out in a room full of applicants and industry competition
- sums up who you are AND what you’re capable of, in an efficient and intriguing way
- teaches you Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, and Sales skills too.
By the time a person is done brand-building, they have also worked on articulating their value as an individual better than ever, showcasing a confidence and competency any client or company would be after. The individuals become incrementally more valuable to any client or potential employee – and that’s beyond their CV experience.
Many see jobhunting as dependant on what’s on paper – but you can build onto it in ways that position you as more than just an ideal candidate, but also as a unique asset.
Here are 3 ways how:
If you don’t already have a stellar Personal Brand, then you are going from relative obscurity to visibility, and putting your experience and personal story out there.
• Package your brand in a way that encompasses the truth of who you are, and what you are about.
• Plan out your messaging – ask yourself what the conversation must always go back to when you are being discussed.
- Have a website with a domain name that makes sense to the brand you’re trying to develop.
• You need to offer the utmost value to people beyond social media and, ensure there is a centralized way for people to find out all about you in one go.
- Retain your credibility when it comes to your Personal Brand.
• If you should lose your credibility, you lose trust – and trust is a game changer where Personal Branding success is concerned!